Jun 15, 2020
There is hardly a person more suited to speak with the OODA team
on OODA Loops that former Air Force pilot John Robb. John has
worked successfully in a variety of domains to include the special
operations community, as an industry analyst, successful start-up
founder, and national security expert.
John Robb has distinguished himself with a career of critical
analysis on a variety of security, technology, and cultural issues
throughout his career to include his popular book "Brave New War"
and his current Global Guerrillas content community and the GG
In this interview we discuss:
- John's career trajectory that took him from the Special Forces
community to becoming the first Internet analyst at Forrester
Research to start-up founder and executive to being a highly sought
after red teamer and consultant for the DOD, JCS, CIA, NSA, and a
host of other organizations.
- Useful frameworks for looking at the world to enable executive
- Decision-making in the age of Covid-19.
- Emerging threats and technologies.
- How Orientation is the most difficult component of the OODA
- How science fiction can inform our perspective on the present
and near future.
John's Full Bio
Brave New War Book
Mitigating Risks To America’s Cognitive Infrastructure
10 Red Teaming Lessons Learned Over 20 Years
The Five Modes of HACKthink